The end of summer is approaching, but there is still time to go camping. If you’re thinking about it, make sure to update your first aid kit. Your Flex Spending Account can cover the cost of medical supplies like first aid kits.
Don’t forget the FSA First Aid Items (in the picture on the left):
1. An all-purpose first aid kit. This kit covers all the necessary items for any first aid needs from bandages to cleansing wipes, to antibiotic ointment, to gauze pads to tape and much more.
2. Additional first aid items that might be fun to bring are kids Band-Aids with their favorite cartoon characters. They will make boo-boos seem less intense and add some color to the cuts and scrapes from playing outside. Browse FSAstore.com’s Children’s First Aid section to get an overview of the many available options.
3. Sunscreen with mosquito repellent. When you’re camping, you’re bound to encounter all types of insects – mosquitoes, bees, spiders, etc. You should monitor these stings allergic reactions/infections and try to remove stingers, if present. Check FSAstore.com’s Sun Care for more FSA eligible sunscreens to protect your skin.
4. Camping is a fun time for the whole family. Kids will be running around on unfamiliar terrain. Make sure to pack cold packs in case of minor pains due to falls or accidents. Cold packs can serve many different situations ranging from bruises to muscle aches to sprains, but also headaches, toothaches burns and insect bites.
5. If you’re a hiker, it’ll be good to prep your shoes for long walks with gel shoe inserts. These items are FSA eligible and can support arches and heels all day long. Check out our selection of FSA eligible foot care for more ideas.